Sunday, November 25, 2007
Update
1. I have developed a case of shingles. No joke. It hurts, but I am taking care of it after a comforting visit to the doctor's. It's not what I really needed right now. A vacation to Hawaii would've been more like it. But I'm strong, and this will make me stronger, and it will make me a better nurse one day. I am going to get Dahlia vaccinated for chickenpox in the next few days, because the last thing I can add to my already overwhelmed plate is a sick kid for three weeks. Physical pain sucks, I think even more than emotional pain, which I have a lot more experience with. It just makes me want to turn up the heat and curl up in a ball and sleep all day.
2. Dahlia is having a language explosion in Hebrew. It happened in the past 3 weeks and she is speaking more and more and understanding so much. She practices at home a lot, playing with her dolls and having conversations with herself in the words she knows. It's exactly like when she was learning to speak English - not all the words really go together, but she is practicing using them and putting them together with other words. It's really neat to watch, even if I'm not learning a single word along with her. I feel no qualms about that - this is just not my year of learning Hebrew. I don't have the desire or interest. My interest is to get through this year intact until we get on that plane this summer.
3. My psychology class continues to go well. So far I have a 99%. :)
2. Dahlia is having a language explosion in Hebrew. It happened in the past 3 weeks and she is speaking more and more and understanding so much. She practices at home a lot, playing with her dolls and having conversations with herself in the words she knows. It's exactly like when she was learning to speak English - not all the words really go together, but she is practicing using them and putting them together with other words. It's really neat to watch, even if I'm not learning a single word along with her. I feel no qualms about that - this is just not my year of learning Hebrew. I don't have the desire or interest. My interest is to get through this year intact until we get on that plane this summer.
3. My psychology class continues to go well. So far I have a 99%. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
shingles suck baby so sorry to hear that, have a good mend and give that sassy little lady a kiss for moi xoxo
Post a Comment